We understand that investing in a large format scanner is a major financial decision. We often have customers who aren’t sure whether they should rent or purchase equipment for their organization. We are here to help!
One of the things that sets us apart as a company is our customer service. We are committed to helping you make the best decision economically, while not compromising on quality. We will work alongside you to help narrow down your search and make the most informed decision.
Some questions you might hear us ask are:
- What kinds of materials are you digitizing?
- What size scan width/area will you need?
- How many items are in your collection?
- Is there an ongoing need or is this a short-term project?
- What type of environment will you be operating the scanner in?
Based on your answers to these questions, we may recommend either a scanner rental or purchase. You should consider the following benefits when deciding which option is best for your organization.
Benefits of Renting:
- Less expensive upfront and no ongoing maintenance costs.
- Project-oriented; can rent equipment as needed for special projects/collections or to scan backlog of materials.
- Opportunity to try out a machine before purchase.
- Ability to scan specific materials on the appropriate scanner to cover all of your scanning requirements.
Benefits of Purchasing:
- Receive a brand-new machine; comes with a manufacturer warranty.
- No time constraints to meet the deadline of a rental period.
- Available for ongoing use and new special projects/collections.
- Ability to trade-in equipment for a newer model as desired.