Return To Blog
Colortrac SmartLFScan! Pros & Cons
By Large Documents - September 2, 2016
Today’s blog is entitled Pro’s and Con’s of the SmartLFScan! Scanner. This is a very nice scanner for the right environment. It is an entry level scanner with limited speed and user interface. We suggest this scanner if our customer is in a Windows environment (not Mac) and does only a handful of scans per day saved to either to a USB drive or a folder on a network with no image manupulation, (post scan). Here are just a few Pro's and Con's of this scanner. Let’s list them:
- The cost is great! Can’t beat the price with any scanner.
- No need to purchase additional software to scan. It is all right there.
- Scans great! Perfect for drawings, maps, & printed documents.
- Light and portable. Comes with a nice carrying case with wheels. Perfect for those scanning jobs where the originals cannot be taken off-site.
- Sits on a table, plug it in and you’re ready to scan.
- Scan to thumb drive or external USB hard drive is a snap.
- Scan and save to JPG, PDF, or TIF available.
- The scanner box is complete with calibration sheet, power cord, & scanner. Everything needed to scan.
- Not a fast scanner. If you’re looking for speed check into the Colortrac SC or SG models.
- User interface is not difficult to maneuver but a little confusing the first few time through.
- External chassis made of plastic, no metal parts.
- Scanning to USB thumb drive limited to TIF format only. JPG and PDF, the NETApp software is required.
- Scanning to a USB thumb drive limits the size of your scanned document.
At Large Document Solutions
, we recommend this scanner for a low volume shop scanning drawings and maps. We have many scanners available to meet your needs. Call us, we are glad to assist you in selecting a scanner that best meets your needs. Questions? We would be happy to help. Give us a call at (866) 338-4464 or email at email@example.com